Mmmmm! I love this meal at any time of the day! It’s so yummy, very easy to make, and you can tweak it to fit your likings. If you’re looking for a low carb, low calorie dinner option ZOODLES are the way to go!
I was inspired to make this meal while thinking back to one of my favorite meals during my younger teenage years. One of my best friends introduced me to what she called, Noodles and Sauce. All it consisted of was any type of pasta noodle with tomato sauce, covered in cheddar cheese. It was so delicious, fast and easy to make I would eat it all the time!
As I was thinking how much I wanted to make that meal, I didn’t want the carbs and calories that came along with it. So I tweaked it! I replaced the pasta noodles with zucchini noodles, and added some healthy protein to the sauce. The cheese is optional, but it does add a nice touch! I love Parmesan with chicken or Feta with Steak! Sooooo goooooood!!
Oh, you can find Veggetti’s for pretty cheap on Amazon, or even Wal-Mart or Bed Bath & Beyond! It’s totally worth the 20 bucks! You’ll start using it all the time!
Give it a go and let me know how it turns out! Or let me know your favorite combinations with zoodles!
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 med. Zucchini
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1 15 oz. can Hunts’ Tomato Sauce
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 2-4 oz. Parmesan Cheese
- Take 1 lb. of thawed chicken breasts and trim any excess fat, then cube.
- Place chicken* on a medium-high heat pan and grill until slightly brown on edges.
- Add seasonings (Italian Seasoning, Onion Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, S&P, and Red Pepper Flakes) to chicken. Stir well.
- Add whole can of Tomato Sauce (I prefer Hunt’s) to pan of chicken. Combine well. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 min.
- While the sauce is simmering, start your zoodles. Use a Veggetti with the thin-spiral attachment to make your zoodles.*
- In a large sauce pan, simmer your zoodles on low heat, stirring consistently for approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Place a large scoop of zoodles in a bowl, add 1/4 sauce on top, sprinkle with 1/2-1 oz. Parmesan Cheese.
Macros: 28 g. protein, 14 g. carbs, 6 g. fat, 5 g. fiber, 219 calories
*Note- Substitute chicken for your favorite meat source, such as grass-fed ground turkey/beef, or steak. Find zoodles pre-cut at the grocery store if you don’t want/have a Veggetti.
Enjoy your Zoodles & Sauce!