“Train insane, or remain the same.”
If you feel like you’ve hit a plateau with your progress, stop and evaluate a few variables with your workouts.
- What is your goal?
- What intensity level are you bringing to each workout?
- How often are you switching up exercises, reps, sets, tempo, etc.?
- What kind of cardio are you doing?
- Are you taking adequate rest days?
Answering each of these questions will help guide you back to a climbing path of success. After you’ve answered these and have taken some quality time to evaluate your training, make a plan and stick with it!
For the workout programs I have provided you below, let me touch on the previous five questions specifically regarding the workouts.
- Goal: Increase muscle tone (size) and decrease body fat percentage.
- Intensity: At minimum a 10 (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest intensity)
- Program duration: 2-3 weeks (4 weeks at most)
- Cardio: Week 1 consists of HIIT conditioning at least 2 full days a week and 10-20 min. the other 4 days as well as an optional 10-20 min. max steady state cardio. Week 2 consists of HIIT conditioning only 1 full day a week and 10-20 min. the other 5 days as well as an optional 20 min. max steady state cardio.
- Rest Days: Only 1 rest day (Sunday) for both workout programs. Let the body recover on this day, maybe get some stretching in or a nice walk but that’s about all that should be done.
YouTube is a great source for looking up exercises and how to perform them. These two workout programs should be intense for the intermediate lifter. Push yourself to finish, but always listen to your body and stop if needed.
#1 Hypertrophy & Fat Loss Workout
#2 Hypertrophy & Fat Loss Workout
Now go ahead and download these workouts and make sure to tell me what you think on my Contact page!