When you think of “abs” or a “6-pack”, what do you think of???
Endless hours at the gym, a million leg raises and a hard core diet?? Of course! Well, that is possibly the case actually! However, I know most of us do NOT have the time or maybe even the energy for that. Life is HECTIC, whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, a working mama, in a young married relationship, or even the single college student scraping by. It’s easy to say MOST of us want more time in a day, a larger budget, and a nicer mid-section! Not even necessarily abs or a 6-pack, rather, a toned, defined, slimmer core. Am I right?
Well, I’m going to tell you my TOP 5 EASIEST TRICKS TO FLATTER ABS. And I say TRICKS because no they do not take an ample amount of time or energy, they are cost efficient, AND help give you that toned, defined, slim looking core.
Cryotherapy & Sauna
Whole Body Cryotherapy eliminates toxins and inflammation in the gut in only 3-minutes! Here in Utah it’s only $20 at Stone Cold Cryotherapy! However, cryotherapy is now located all over the U.S. For all my kick butt Utah audience follow the link below for a FREE, yes, FREE CRYOTHERAPY SESSION!
Try relaxing in a sauna for 20 minutes, twice a week. You’ll feel the toxins flush off your body while burning a notable amount of calories.
Reduce Sugar Intake
For the SUGAR ADDICT… Some say, “It’s easier said than done!” Well, I challenge you to go just 7-days with no sugar. Meaning, detox your body of simple/processed sugars. I promise you will be amazed at your mid-section on the seventh day!
- Tip: Read the labels on your food. Keep sugar per item under 5g.
For those who feel you do pretty well with staying away from the simple/processed sugars… I challenge you try going 7-days without simple/processed carbs such as: breads, pastas, milk, and even fruit.
Increase Water Intake
Chug, chug, chug, chug! I always say, “A gallon a day keeps the doctor away.” Water will help regulate your body processes and aids in detoxing the gut by helping food to digest properly. It is an excellent alternative to high-calorie (carb and sugar based) drinks. It even acts as an appetite suppressant. Here are a few of my favorite ways to increase water intake.
- I love to always have a water bottle on hand wherever I go, better yet a gallon jug!
- Drink a glass of water before each meal.
- When you feel like having a snack, try drinking water first.
Apple Cider Vinegar
I like to ingest Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) right when I wake up on an empty stomach. ACV in the morning helps reduce sugar cravings, helps flush toxins from the body and acts as a natural laxative, so it aids in better digestion. The acetic acid found in ACV can also help balance blood sugar levels.
- Try 2 Tbsp. ACV in a glass of warm water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
- If the taste is too potent at first, try adding a couple drops of liquid apricot stevia or even a few squirts of lemon juice.
- ACV promotes good gut health for as low as $2.95 for a 16 oz. bottle at Thrive Market
When we start feeling stressed or when we let stress build, we tend to binge on comfort foods (high in carbs and/or high in sugar) which is a big reason why stress leads to weight gain. Instead, we should deal with stress in the moment by using MORE OPTIMAL RELAXING techniques. Here are a few of my go-to techniques.
- Practice meditation, take five deep breaths.
- Move your body every day.
- Keep a gratitude journal or write a to-do list.
- Take a bubble bath or hot shower.
- Burn some aromatherapy oils.
- Call a friend and talk about what’s on your mind and finish with a good laugh.
MY PERSONAL BONUS TRICK
- Tanned skin will give anyone an amazing illusion of a slimmer figure.
- Unfortunately, a spray tan will not help you have flatter abs. However, they definitely help portray flatter abs! BONUS!
- Make sure to follow one of my FITSPIRATIONS (pictured above) IFBB Pro Amy Updike sponsored by NLA with her glowing daily spray tan from Shawn Johnston!
- I highly recommend Tanning by Shawn John for your Professional Sunless Spray Tan. Shawn does awesome competition tans as well as daily tans.
Talk about EASY WAYS TO FLATTER ABS, right? If you personally have found any other easy tricks to flatter abs that are not listed above, please comment below and share! Or if you have tried one of mine, comment below and let me know how it worked or even didn’t work for you!